Weyerhaeuser (WY) to Explore Options for Uruguay Business
- Oil edges up ahead of U.S. data, OPEC squabbles cap gains
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Visa (V) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Rambus (RMBS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Issues Q4 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/24: (SAEX) (CWEI) (RMBS) Higher; (SONC) (WNC) (EFII) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) announced the exploration of strategic alternatives for its timberlands and manufacturing operations in Uruguay. The company intends to consider a broad range of alternatives, including continuing to hold and operate the business, or a sale.
"In Uruguay, Weyerhaeuser has established a high-quality timberlands portfolio supported by value-creating manufacturing operations and a team of dedicated employees," said Doyle R. Simons, president and chief executive officer. "Following our merger with Plum Creek, we are evaluating strategic alternatives for this business to best position it for long-term success and ensure we are maximizing value for our shareholders."
Weyerhaeuser established its operations in Uruguay in 1997. Today, its business there includes over 300,000 acres (120,000 hectares) of timberlands in northeastern and north central Uruguay, as well as a plywood and veneer manufacturing facility, a cogeneration facility, and a seedling nursery.
The review of the Uruguay operations does not guarantee that the company will pursue a transaction, or that a transaction would be completed if initiated.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Providence Service (PRSC) to Sell Majority Stake in Matrix Medical Network
- The New York Times Co. (NYT) Announces Acquisition of Two Product-Recommendation Service Companies
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO) to Acquire Sanchez Energy (SN) Eagle Ford Shale Assets for $181M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!