Weyerhaeuser (WY) to Explore Options for Uruguay Business
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) announced the exploration of strategic alternatives for its timberlands and manufacturing operations in Uruguay. The company intends to consider a broad range of alternatives, including continuing to hold and operate the business, or a sale.
"In Uruguay, Weyerhaeuser has established a high-quality timberlands portfolio supported by value-creating manufacturing operations and a team of dedicated employees," said Doyle R. Simons, president and chief executive officer. "Following our merger with Plum Creek, we are evaluating strategic alternatives for this business to best position it for long-term success and ensure we are maximizing value for our shareholders."
Weyerhaeuser established its operations in Uruguay in 1997. Today, its business there includes over 300,000 acres (120,000 hectares) of timberlands in northeastern and north central Uruguay, as well as a plywood and veneer manufacturing facility, a cogeneration facility, and a seedling nursery.
The review of the Uruguay operations does not guarantee that the company will pursue a transaction, or that a transaction would be completed if initiated.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LinkedIn (LNKD), Microsoft (MSFT) Deal Closes
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
- Alere (ALR) Comments on Abbott (ABT) Complaint; Believes Suit is 'Without Merit'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!