Weyerhaeuser (WY) Announces Completion of $285M Liquid Packaging Board Business Sale
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) announced the completion of the sale of its liquid packaging board business to Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. for $285 million in cash. Weyerhaeuser expects to use a substantial portion of the approximately $225 million of after-tax proceeds for repayment of debt.
The liquid packaging board business consists of one mill located in Longview, Washington, with an annual capacity of 280,000 tons.
"Nippon Paper Industries is acquiring a strong portfolio of high quality products and a well-regarded employee team that has contributed much to Weyerhaeuser over the years," said Doyle R. Simons, president and chief executive officer. "This transaction further focuses our company as we work together to be the world's premier timber, land, and forest products company."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Approves Previously Announced Spin-Off
- Roche (RHHBY) Announces Receipt of FDA Approval for cobas MPX Test
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!