Weyerhaeuser (WY) Announces Completion of $285M Liquid Packaging Board Business Sale
- Techs buoy S&P, Nasdaq; Goldman pushes Dow to record high
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) announced the completion of the sale of its liquid packaging board business to Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. for $285 million in cash. Weyerhaeuser expects to use a substantial portion of the approximately $225 million of after-tax proceeds for repayment of debt.
The liquid packaging board business consists of one mill located in Longview, Washington, with an annual capacity of 280,000 tons.
"Nippon Paper Industries is acquiring a strong portfolio of high quality products and a well-regarded employee team that has contributed much to Weyerhaeuser over the years," said Doyle R. Simons, president and chief executive officer. "This transaction further focuses our company as we work together to be the world's premier timber, land, and forest products company."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viacom (VIAB) Appoints New Content Distribution EVP
- AstraZeneca (AZN), Acerta Announce Prelim. Acalabrutinib Phase 1/2 Data in CLL; Median PFS Not Yet Met
- OncoMed Pharma (OMED) Chief Medical Officer Dupont Resgins
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!