Westmoreland Coal (WLB) Receives Notice of Jewett Mine Lignite Supply Agreement
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Westmoreland Coal Company (Nasdaq: WLB) announced that NRG Texas Power (NRG) has provided notice that it will terminate the lignite supply agreement at the Jewett mine two years early on December 31, 2016. Westmoreland will conduct the multi-year reclamation work for NRG following the conclusion of the supply contract.
“As NRG has decided to fuel its plant differently in response to current energy market conditions, we are shifting our focus to providing multi-year reclamation services. We have an outstanding track record of operating the Jewett mine safely and cost efficiently and plan to build on this performance during the reclamation phase,” said Kevin Paprzycki, Chief Executive Officer of Westmoreland Coal Company.
The lignite supply contract with NRG is a cost plus contract which accounts for approximately 2% of Westmoreland’s 2016 adjusted EBITDA guidance. Westmoreland expects to maintain positive cash flow generation at Jewett during the next several years with the cost plus arrangement continuing through reclamation. NRG is responsible for the reclamation liability so Westmoreland does not foresee using cash net of reimbursements for reclamation.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!