Westmoreland Coal (WLB) CFO Jason Veenstra to Resign
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Westmoreland Coal Company (Nasdaq: WLB), announced today that its Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, Jason Veenstra, has decided to resign from Westmoreland effective December 15, 2016. Veenstra has elected not to relocate to the Company’s Denver headquarters as part of the ONE Westmoreland cost savings and cash optimization initiative, which included centralizing the accounting and finance function to Denver. While Westmoreland conducts a search to include internal and external candidates, Gary Kohn, currently Vice President of Investor Relations, will serve as Interim Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, effective immediately.
Veenstra said, “As Westmoreland continues to streamline its structure following the recent acquisitions, I believe Westmoreland is best served with a CFO sitting side-by-side with the rest of the team. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member of this world-class organization but, after much deliberation, I have arrived at the difficult decision not to relocate my young family and to remain near our extended family in Edmonton.”
Chief Executive Officer, Kevin Paprzycki commented, “We understand and respect Jason’s decision to stay in his native Canada and wish him all the best. Jason is an outstanding executive who has made countless contributions to Westmoreland including developing and implementing the ONE Westmoreland initiative. He did an outstanding job bringing our financial organization together and exemplifies the very best in a senior finance leader. Jason will be missed both professionally and personally.”
Kohn joined Westmoreland in April 2016 to lead Westmoreland’s investor relations efforts. In addition to his investor relations focus, he has served in senior leadership positions across multiple functional areas including finance, treasury and strategy for publicly held companies including First Data, Western Union, Ciber and Intrepid Potash.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- Franklin Street Properties (FSP) Acquires Denver-Located Dominion Towers
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!