Westlake Chemical (WLK) Updates on Axiall (AXLL) Deal; Filed for Special Meeting
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK) provided an update on its pending acquisition of Axiall Corporation (NYSE: AXLL). Axiall and Westlake have received all regulatory approvals required for the transaction, including clearance from both the U.S. and Canadian competition authorities. On August 1, 2016, Axiall filed a definitive proxy statement with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission to notify Axiall’s shareholders of a special meeting to be held on August 30, 2016 to vote on the transaction. Assuming the Axiall shareholders approve the transaction at that meeting, the closing is expected to occur on August 31, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- Short-Seller Hits Back Against Banc of California (BANC); Threatens to Release 'Thousands' of Pages of Documents
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!