Westlake Chemical (WLK) Updates on Axiall (AXLL) Deal; Filed for Special Meeting
- Futures up as oil prices top $55
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK) provided an update on its pending acquisition of Axiall Corporation (NYSE: AXLL). Axiall and Westlake have received all regulatory approvals required for the transaction, including clearance from both the U.S. and Canadian competition authorities. On August 1, 2016, Axiall filed a definitive proxy statement with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission to notify Axiall’s shareholders of a special meeting to be held on August 30, 2016 to vote on the transaction. Assuming the Axiall shareholders approve the transaction at that meeting, the closing is expected to occur on August 31, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Live Nation (LYV) Takes Majority Stake in Secret Sounds Group
- TG Therapeutics (TGTX) Presented Preclinical Data on TGR-1202 at ASH 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!