Westlake Chemical (WLK) Updates on Axiall (AXLL) Deal; Filed for Special Meeting
- Wall Street turns defensive on Trump's protectionist stance
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK) provided an update on its pending acquisition of Axiall Corporation (NYSE: AXLL). Axiall and Westlake have received all regulatory approvals required for the transaction, including clearance from both the U.S. and Canadian competition authorities. On August 1, 2016, Axiall filed a definitive proxy statement with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission to notify Axiall’s shareholders of a special meeting to be held on August 30, 2016 to vote on the transaction. Assuming the Axiall shareholders approve the transaction at that meeting, the closing is expected to occur on August 31, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TerraForm Power (TERP) Enters Exclusivity Agreement with Brookfield Asset Management Regarding Possible Deal
- Silicon Labs (SLAB) Acquires Zentri
- ADMA Biologics (ADMA) to Acquire Assets from Biotest Pharmaceuticals
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!