Wells Fargo (WFC) 'Disappointed' Chicago City Council Has Chosen to Suspend Relationship
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
“Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) is disappointed that the Chicago City Council has chosen to suspend a relationship with one of the nation’s safest and strongest financial institutions at a time when the city needs access to dependable financial partners.
“We have diligently and professionally worked with the city since 1970 to support its government, communities, and residents. Our highly experienced and proven government banking, securities, and treasury management teams stand ready to continue delivering outstanding service to the city. Since 2006, Wells Fargo has underwritten $4.7 billion of debt issued by the City of Chicago and its sister agencies, of which nearly $1.6 billion was senior-managed by Wells Fargo.
“We manage the city’s business in our Government & Institutional Banking division, which is separate from our retail bank. We have no bank branches in the city. We will continue to serve our local customers and be the same committed community partner in this city, where in 2015 we donated more than $2.8 million to 382 nonprofits, gave more than $803,700 to match our team members’ gifts to 370 educational institutions and foundations, and totaled $1.4 million in team member contributions to local nonprofits through our annual Community Support and United Way Campaign.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Says International Group to be Integrated into Other Wholesale Banking Business Lines
- Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Names Robert D. Graham as President and CEO
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!