Wells Fargo (WFC) 'Disappointed' Chicago City Council Has Chosen to Suspend Relationship
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
“Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) is disappointed that the Chicago City Council has chosen to suspend a relationship with one of the nation’s safest and strongest financial institutions at a time when the city needs access to dependable financial partners.
“We have diligently and professionally worked with the city since 1970 to support its government, communities, and residents. Our highly experienced and proven government banking, securities, and treasury management teams stand ready to continue delivering outstanding service to the city. Since 2006, Wells Fargo has underwritten $4.7 billion of debt issued by the City of Chicago and its sister agencies, of which nearly $1.6 billion was senior-managed by Wells Fargo.
“We manage the city’s business in our Government & Institutional Banking division, which is separate from our retail bank. We have no bank branches in the city. We will continue to serve our local customers and be the same committed community partner in this city, where in 2015 we donated more than $2.8 million to 382 nonprofits, gave more than $803,700 to match our team members’ gifts to 370 educational institutions and foundations, and totaled $1.4 million in team member contributions to local nonprofits through our annual Community Support and United Way Campaign.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adams Resources (AE) Appoints New CFO
- Milestone Scientific (MLSS) Updates on Henry Schein (HSIC) Agreement; Completes Training of Specialists
- Puma Biotech (PBYI) Updates on PB272 NSABP FB-7 Phase 2; No Significant Difference Noted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!