WebMD Health (WBMD) Plans 2M Share Common Stock Tender Offer
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) announced that it intends to commence a tender offer within the next week to purchase up to 2,000,000 shares of its common stock at a price per share of $55.00. The number of shares proposed to be purchased in the tender offer represents approximately 5.1% of WebMD's currently outstanding common shares (including outstanding shares of unvested restricted stock). The NASDAQ Official Closing Price of WebMD's common stock on November 11, 2016 was $53.38 per share.
WebMD has approximately $1.065 billion in cash and investments, a portion of which will be used to fund the tender offer. The Board of Directors of WebMD has determined to commence the tender offer in order to provide liquidity to its stockholders by permitting them the opportunity to tender shares of WebMD common stock for cash in accordance with the terms of the offer to purchase that will be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
None of WebMD, its Board of Directors or the information agent or the depositary for the tender offer will make any recommendations to stockholders as to whether to tender or refrain from tendering their shares into the tender offer. Stockholders must make their own decision as to how many shares they will tender, if any.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Hoegh LNG Partners (HMLP) Prices 6M Units Offering for Proceeds of ~$105.6M
- Franklin Street Properties (FSP) Acquires Denver-Located Dominion Towers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!