WebMD Health (WBMD) Plans 2M Share Common Stock Tender Offer
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) announced that it intends to commence a tender offer within the next week to purchase up to 2,000,000 shares of its common stock at a price per share of $55.00. The number of shares proposed to be purchased in the tender offer represents approximately 5.1% of WebMD's currently outstanding common shares (including outstanding shares of unvested restricted stock). The NASDAQ Official Closing Price of WebMD's common stock on November 11, 2016 was $53.38 per share.
WebMD has approximately $1.065 billion in cash and investments, a portion of which will be used to fund the tender offer. The Board of Directors of WebMD has determined to commence the tender offer in order to provide liquidity to its stockholders by permitting them the opportunity to tender shares of WebMD common stock for cash in accordance with the terms of the offer to purchase that will be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
None of WebMD, its Board of Directors or the information agent or the depositary for the tender offer will make any recommendations to stockholders as to whether to tender or refrain from tendering their shares into the tender offer. Stockholders must make their own decision as to how many shares they will tender, if any.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Entered Confidentiality Agreement with Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Pertaining to BCEI's Chapter 11 Proceeding
- Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Names Robert D. Graham as President and CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!