WebMD Health (WBMD) Commences Tender Offer to Repurchase 2M Shares at $55/Share
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) announced today that it has commenced a tender offer to purchase up to 2,000,000 shares of its common stock at a price of $55.00 per share. The number of shares proposed to be purchased in the tender offer represents approximately 5.1% of the approximately 39.2 million shares of WebMD Common Stock outstanding as of November 10, 2016 (including outstanding shares of unvested restricted stock). The NASDAQ Official Closing Price of WebMD Common Stock on November 15, 2016 was $53.83 per share.
The tender offer will expire at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on Thursday, December 15, 2016, unless extended by WebMD. Tenders of shares must be made on or prior to the expiration of the tender offer and may be withdrawn at any time on or prior to the expiration of the tender offer. The tender offer is subject to a number of terms and conditions described in the Offer to Purchase that is being distributed to stockholders.
On the terms and subject to the conditions of the tender offer, WebMD's stockholders will have the opportunity to tender some or all of their shares at a price of $55.00 per share. If stockholders properly tender a total of more than 2,000,000 shares, WebMD will purchase shares tendered by those stockholders owning fewer than 100 shares, without proration, and all other shares tendered will be purchased on a pro rata basis, subject to the conditional tender offer provisions described in the Offer to Purchase that is being distributed to stockholders. Stockholders whose shares are purchased in the tender offer will be paid $55.00 per share, net in cash, less any applicable withholding taxes and without interest, promptly after the expiration of the tender offer period.
As of November 10, 2016, WebMD had approximately $1.065 billion in cash and investments. WebMD will use a portion of its cash and investments to fund the tender offer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allergan (AGN) Updates on ASR Program; ~$8B of Shares Received, Retired in Nov.
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!