Weatherford (WFT) Chairman, CEO Duroc-Danner Resigns
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Weatherford (NYSE: WFT) announces the departure of Bernard J. Duroc-Danner, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer effective immediately. Mr. Robert Rayne, current Vice Chairman of the Board, will serve as Chairman of the Board. Mr. Krishna Shivram will lead the Company as interim Chief Executive Officer, and will continue as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) until a new CFO is named in the coming days.
The Board is extremely grateful to Dr. Duroc-Danner for his leadership, vision, loyalty and the guidance provided to Weatherford and its predecessors for the past 30 years. He has grown and steered the Company from humble beginnings into one of the leading oilfield service providers that it is today, providing numerous contributions to both the Company and the industry.
Mr. Rayne commented further, "We look forward to moving ahead to build upon the successes of the Company that Dr. Duroc-Danner has built and grown and are infinitely thankful for his service. We will continue to rely on our very experienced and talented management team to steer the Company forward and to continue making progress on enhancing shareholder value. We have full confidence that Mr. Shivram is the right person to lead the Company in this very challenging market and he has our full support."
Mr. Shivram commented, "I am grateful to the Board for this opportunity to further serve Weatherford. We have the people, technology and global reach to thrive in an improving market backdrop. I look forward to the challenges and opportunities ahead, and want to personally thank Bernard for his mentorship and guidance."
Krishna Shivram was appointed Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Company in November 2013. Mr. Shivram has over 25 years of financial and operational management experience in the oilfield service industry and previously worked for Schlumberger Ltd. in a variety of roles across the globe.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. Bancorp (USB) Says COO Andy Cecere to Succeed Richard Davis as CEO
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR) Announces Confirmation of CEOC's Plan of Reorganization
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) Announces First Patient Enrolled in Phase 3 Clinical Trial Evaluating Defibrotide for Prevention of VOD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!