Watson (WPI) Gets Second Request from FTC on Actavis Group Acquisition
- GM (GM) No Longer 'Government Motors'
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Names Laurent Potdevin as CEO; Chairman Chip Wilson Resigns
- Rambus (RMBS) Enters Initial $280M License Agreement with Micron (MU)
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/9: (CMTL) (LL) (DDD) Higher; (PBY) (TA) (NXPI) Lower (more...)
- Toll Brothers, Inc. (TOL) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c
Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: WPI), announced that it has received a request for additional information from the Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") in connection with Watson's pending acquisition of Actavis Group. The information request was issued under notification requirements of the Hart.Scott Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended ("HSR Act"). The effect of the second request is to extend the waiting period imposed by the HSR Act until 30 days after Watson and Actavis have substantially complied with the request, unless that period is extended voluntarily by the parties or terminated sooner by the FTC. Watson intends to cooperate fully with the FTC's review and continues to expect the transaction to close in the fourth quarter of 2012.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cytokinetics (CYTK) Updates on BENEFIT-ALS at 24th International Symposium of ALS/MND
- Endo Health's (ENDP) American Medical Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for RetroArc SUI Treatment
- Seadrill (SDRL) Completes 3.4M Common Purchase From Seadrill Partners (SDLP)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!