Watsco (WSO) Acquires Additional 10% Interest in Carrier JV
- Dollar lower, stocks flat as caution creeps in ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Watsco, Inc. (NYSE: WSO) announced today that it has acquired an additional 10% ownership interest in Carrier Enterprise Northeast LLC, a joint venture with Carrier Corporation, a world leader in high-technology air conditioning, heating and refrigeration solutions and part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. The transaction raises Watsco’s ownership stake to 70%. Consideration was approximately $43 million and was paid in cash.
The joint venture has sales of approximately $500 million in two countries, including 43 locations in the northeastern United States and 12 locations in Mexico, offering a variety of products manufactured by Carrier along with approximately 25,000 other SKUs.
Albert Nahmad, Watsco's Chairman & Chief Executive Officer said: “The formation of our Carrier Enterprise joint ventures has proven to be transformational for our company. The collaboration between Watsco and Carrier has produced terrific results and we are happy to invest further in what has been an unqualified success for both companies.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FirstEnergy (FE) to Sell Four Natural Gas Generating Plants in Pennsylvania for $925M
- Aon plc (AON) Ticks Higher on Plans to Sell Benefits Outsourcing Unit
- Watsco to Host 2016 Fourth Quarter Earnings Conference Call February 14, 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!