Waste Management (WM) Unit Acquires Pioneer Industries of Wisconsin
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Waste Management of Wisconsin Inc. has acquired certain Wisconsin recycling assets of Pioneer Industries of Wisconsin Inc., company officials announced today. Pioneer Industries specialized in recycling cardboard, paper and other commodities for commercial customers in southeastern Wisconsin.
“We’re expanding our strategic investment in one of recycling’s strongest niche services, high-volume recycling for business and industry,” said Mike Ayers, area director of recycling operations for Waste Management. “Commercial enterprises can produce high volumes of clean, consistent recyclables that often find ready markets.”
The acquisition complements Waste Management’s high-grade recycling plants in Janesville, Madison, Menasha and Milwaukee, Ayers said. Those operations collect and process a full range of recyclables for commercial customers, including industrial plastics, medical wrap and off-spec products, in addition to traditional recyclables such as cardboard and paper. Most of the materials are then marketed by Waste Management’s recycling brokerage service headquartered in Glendale, Wis.
“We plan to continue Pioneer’s great service to our new customers, and bring them the opportunity to recycle an expanded range of products,” Ayers said. “When we survey a customer’s waste stream, many are pleased to learn that recycling markets have emerged for materials they assumed could only be thrown away.”
Waste Management will relocate Pioneer’s operations to its A-1 recycling hub at 2101 W. Morgan Ave. in Milwaukee, he said.
In addition to its high-grade recycling plants and recycling brokerage, Waste Management deploys a statewide fleet of recycling drivers and collection vehicles and operates Wisconsin’s largest recycling sorting plant in Germantown, Wis.
The transaction closed Monday; terms were undisclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!