Walker & Dunlop (WD) Closes Elkins Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Walker & Dunlop, Inc. (NYSE: WD) announced that it successfully completed its previously announced acquisition of George Elkins Mortgage Banking Company (Elkins), one of the country's premier and largest remaining independent mortgage brokers. Elkins has served as the direct loan origination arm for an array of life insurance companies, banks, trusts, pension funds, thrifts and other private capital sources since 1922.
The acquisition of Elkins adds three new offices to Walker & Dunlop in the state of California, and 14 commercial real estate originators will join the Company's Capital Markets group. As part of the transaction, approximately $1.2 billion in life insurance company servicing was added to Walker & Dunlop's $60 billion servicing portfolio.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Fitch Affirms Seacor Holdings Inc. at 'B'; Outlook Revised to Negative
- MarketAxess Holdings (MKTX) Announces Monthly Performance Results for November 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!