WaferGen Bio-Systems (WGBS) Stockholders Approval of Merger with Takara Bio
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WaferGen Bio-systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: WGBS), a publicly held genomics technology company ("WaferGen"), today announced that its stockholders have approved the adoption of the previously announced merger agreement by and among WaferGen, Takara Bio USA Holdings, Inc. ("Takara Bio") and certain other parties thereto.
"We are very pleased with the outcome of today's vote and thank all of our stockholders for their support," said Rollie Carlson, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of WaferGen. "We are confident that our merger with Takara Bio is the best outcome for WaferGen and our stockholders and look forward to closing the transaction in the first quarter of 2017."
Pursuant to the merger agreement, upon completion of the contemplated merger, WaferGen will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Takara Bio and WaferGen's outstanding equity securities will be automatically converted into the right to receive a cash payment, as more fully described in the proxy statement filed by WaferGen with the Securities and Exchange Commission on September 15, 2016.
The merger remains subject to customary closing conditions set forth in the merger agreement and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!