WaferGen Bio-Systems (WGBS) Stockholders Approval of Merger with Takara Bio
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WaferGen Bio-systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: WGBS), a publicly held genomics technology company ("WaferGen"), today announced that its stockholders have approved the adoption of the previously announced merger agreement by and among WaferGen, Takara Bio USA Holdings, Inc. ("Takara Bio") and certain other parties thereto.
"We are very pleased with the outcome of today's vote and thank all of our stockholders for their support," said Rollie Carlson, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of WaferGen. "We are confident that our merger with Takara Bio is the best outcome for WaferGen and our stockholders and look forward to closing the transaction in the first quarter of 2017."
Pursuant to the merger agreement, upon completion of the contemplated merger, WaferGen will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Takara Bio and WaferGen's outstanding equity securities will be automatically converted into the right to receive a cash payment, as more fully described in the proxy statement filed by WaferGen with the Securities and Exchange Commission on September 15, 2016.
The merger remains subject to customary closing conditions set forth in the merger agreement and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!