Wabtec (WAB) Announces DOJ Filing of Proposed Consent Decree Related to Faiveley Deal; Calls for Asset Sales
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wabtec Corporation (NYSE: WAB) said the U.S. Department of Justice has filed a proposed consent decree with the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. to approve Wabtec’s combination with Faiveley Transport S.A.The proposed consent decree is seeking approval of a settlement resolving the DOJ’s concerns about the acquisition. The settlement is conditioned upon the sale of certain U.S. assets owned by Faiveley. Terms of the sale have already been agreed upon with the buyer and approved by the DOJ.
As previously disclosed, completion of the proposed combination of Wabtec and Faiveley Transport also remains subject to the European Commission’s approval of the buyer of Faiveley Transport Gennevilliers, the sintered brake material activity of Faiveley Transport.
After these divestitures have been completed, the acquisition of the Faiveley family stake by Wabtec is expected to occur in November 2016.Wabtec Corporation is a global provider of value-added, technology-based products and services for freight rail, passenger transit and other industrial segments. Faiveley Transport is a global supplier of high added value integrated systems for the railway industry.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- TransDigm (TDG) Defended at Deutsche Bank
- UPDATE: Federal Judge to Block Anthem (ANTM), Cigna Corp. (CI) Merger - NYP
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Special Reports
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!