WP Glimcher (WPG) Enters Agreement to Offer Amazon (AMZN) Lockers at 50 Retail Centers
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Washington Prime Group Inc. (NYSE: WPG) announced that the Company and Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) have reached an agreement to offer Amazon Lockers self-service locations at 50 of its retail centers. This significant new initiative underscores Washington Prime Group’s commitment to provide differentiated products and services to its guests.
Lou Conforti, CEO and Director commented, “We are excited to collaborate with the world's largest online retailer to offer Amazon Lockers at a large number of our retail centers.”
Mr. Conforti further stated, “Amazon Lockers are a great example of how we are capturing the nexus between physical space and e-commerce. This symbiotic relationship is increasingly apparent and the 'town center' positioning of WPG retail centers allow us to embrace innovation which drives shopper traffic and enhances the overall experience of our guest. Plain and simple, it is our intent to be the bricks which complement the clicks.”
Washington Prime Group plans to commence with the rollout of Amazon Lockers next month. Amazon Lockers are a self-service delivery location where customers can pick up and return Amazon.com packages at a time and place that's convenient for them.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- MarketAxess Holdings (MKTX) Announces Monthly Performance Results for November 2016
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Loses Bid to Revive '413, '250, and Third Capaxone Patent in IPR Review - Bloomberg