Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Completes Integration of Valve's SteamVR
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Vuzix® Corporation (NASDAQ: VUZI) is pleased to announce that it has completed the integration of Valve's SteamVR™ driver with the Vuzix Video iWear Headphones. Steam is the world's largest online gaming platform with over 65 million players around the world. This integration marks a significant advancement in Vuzix' iWear platform and materially increases the content base for our customers.
SteamVR opens up over 300 VR titles for the iWear Headphones. Steam has an impressive arsenal of online and downloadable games available, which creates another compelling attraction of the Vuzix iWear Video Headphones.
With SteamVR on the iWear Video Headphones, gamers will see and experience their VR games in HD-3D. Head-tracking technology allows the action to move where their head moves. With support for hands-free control, the gamer can just nod to begin playing, with no controller input required. Moreover, most games are compatible with the latest available game controllers.
"By adding SteamVR support to our iWear Video Headphones, we open up a new world of games for our customers," said Paul Travers, President and Chief Executive Officer of Vuzix. "This makes it very compelling not only for distribution partners around the globe, but vastly gives our end-users another reason to embrace Vuzix technology. We had already begun to build a compelling library of game titles, but with SteamVR, we have expanded that library geometrically."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger (KR) Chief Digital Officer Dougherty to Retire; Successor Named
- AGCO Corp. (AGCO) Enters Development Partnerships with Two Agricultural Tech Companies
- Kite Pharma (KITE) Presents Data from ZUMA-1 Trial in NHL; Primary Endpoint of ORR Met
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!