Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Licenses AAV Capsids from Caltech
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Voyager Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: VYGR) announced a co-exclusive worldwide license agreement with the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) related to novel adeno-associated virus (AAV) capsids. The license agreement covers all fields of use and includes novel AAV capsids that have demonstrated enhanced blood-brain barrier penetration for the potential treatment of CNS diseases following systemic administration of an AAV gene therapy vector.
Under the agreement, Voyager agreed to purchase co-exclusive rights to the novel AAV capsids, intellectual property and related technology. Voyager will further compensate Caltech upon achievement of certain development and regulatory milestones and share royalties upon the potential commercial launch of products utilizing the capsids included in the agreement.
“The agreement announced today with Caltech expands Voyager’s portfolio of AAV capsids to include novel capsids with enhanced blood-brain barrier penetration and CNS targeting,” said Dinah Sah, Ph.D., senior vice president of neuroscience at Voyager Therapeutics. “We are excited to be able to partner with Dr. Ben Deverman and Professor Viviana Gradinaru at Caltech to continue to advance this technology which, in preclinical studies, generated AAV variants that broadly transduced the CNS with enhanced efficiency after intravenous injection.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Files $250M Mixed Shelf
- L-3 Communications (LLL) Plans Name Change to 'L3 Technologies'
- Transocean (RIG) Announces Transocean Partners Shareholder Approval of Proposed Merger
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!