Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Licenses AAV Capsids from Caltech
- Wall St. opens lower amid Trump, Brexit uncertainty
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Voyager Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: VYGR) announced a co-exclusive worldwide license agreement with the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) related to novel adeno-associated virus (AAV) capsids. The license agreement covers all fields of use and includes novel AAV capsids that have demonstrated enhanced blood-brain barrier penetration for the potential treatment of CNS diseases following systemic administration of an AAV gene therapy vector.
Under the agreement, Voyager agreed to purchase co-exclusive rights to the novel AAV capsids, intellectual property and related technology. Voyager will further compensate Caltech upon achievement of certain development and regulatory milestones and share royalties upon the potential commercial launch of products utilizing the capsids included in the agreement.
“The agreement announced today with Caltech expands Voyager’s portfolio of AAV capsids to include novel capsids with enhanced blood-brain barrier penetration and CNS targeting,” said Dinah Sah, Ph.D., senior vice president of neuroscience at Voyager Therapeutics. “We are excited to be able to partner with Dr. Ben Deverman and Professor Viviana Gradinaru at Caltech to continue to advance this technology which, in preclinical studies, generated AAV variants that broadly transduced the CNS with enhanced efficiency after intravenous injection.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- iRobot Corp. (IRBT) Names Elisha Finney to Board of Directors
- TESARO (TSRO) Niraparib EAP Opens in U.S. for Ovarian Cancer
- ParkerVision (PRKR) Says FBR to Advise on Acquisition Strategy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!