Volaris (VLRS) Load Factor Rose 6.3 Points in Sept. 2016
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Volaris* (NYSE: VLRS) reports September 2016 and year-to-date preliminary traffic results.
During September 2016 Volaris increased total capacity, as measured in Available Seat Miles (ASMs), by 19.2% year over year, in response to strong demand in its domestic and international markets. Total demand, as measured in Revenue Passenger Miles (RPMs), in September 2016 increased 28.9% year over year, reaching 1.1 billion. Volaris transported a total of 1.2 million passengers during the month, an increase of 29.3% year over year. Year-to-date, Volaris has transported over 11.0 million passengers, an increase of 26.4% year over year.
In September 2016, Volaris increased domestic and international ASMs by 15.9% and 27.6%, respectively. Network load factor for September reached 84.2%, an increase of 6.3 percentage points year over year.
The following table summarizes Volaris traffic results for the month and year-to-date.
|Nine months||Nine months|
|RPMs (in millions, scheduled & charter)|
|ASMs (in millions, scheduled & charter)|
|Load Factor (in %, scheduled)|
|Domestic||86.1%||77.9%||8.2 pp||86.6%||82.1%||4.5 pp|
|International||79.9%||78.0%||1.9 pp||85.9%||82.0%||3.9 pp|
|Total||84.2%||77.9%||6.3 pp||86.4%||82.1%||4.3 pp|
|Passengers (in thousands, scheduled & charter)|
The information included in this report has not been audited and it does not provide information on the company’s future performance. Volaris’ future performance depends on many factors and it cannot be inferred that any period’s performance or its comparison year over year will be an indicator of a similar performance in the future.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Biogen (BIIB), Forward Pharma (FWP) Enter Settlement and License Agreement; Biogen to Pay $1.25B, Royalties
- Memorial Production Partners (MEMP) Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Aqua America (WTR) Offers FY17 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!