Vivint Solar (VSLR) Brings Solar Energy System Purchases, Financing to Three States
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) announced that it is has made solar energy system purchases and financing available to homeowners in three of its existing states -- Connecticut, Maryland and South Carolina.
"We are excited to expand solar energy system purchases and financing options to three more of our existing states," said Chance Allred, Senior Vice President of Sales at Vivint Solar. "Purchasing a solar energy system, with cash or through financing, provides an attractive alternative to power purchase agreements (PPAs) for customers who want to own their solar energy system, and the continued growth in demand has lead us to provide opportunities for more homeowners to go solar."
Through Vivint Solar's financing relationships, a customer can finance ownership of a residential solar energy system with no money down. The resulting low monthly financing payments are comparable to a customer's prior utility payments, but build equity in the customer's solar energy system. After the financing is repaid, the homeowner pays nothing more for the power produced by the system. Homeowners who choose to purchase a system may also qualify to receive a federal tax credit, along with any state and local incentives for which they may be eligible.
This third-party financing product was previously only available to Vivint Solar customers in Arizona and Utah, while in California, Vivint Solar offers PACE as an alternative. Vivint Solar is selling systems directly to homeowners, utilizing the loan and PACE products provided through its financial relationships, in the six aforementioned states and plans to expand to most of Vivint Solar's markets by the end of September.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Offers pre-Specificed Subgroup Analysis of FALCON Trial; PFS Seen as Largely Consistent
- Milestone Scientific (MLSS) Updates on Henry Schein (HSIC) Agreement; Completes Training of Specialists
- Cardiome Pharma (CRME) Announces Early Launch of XYDALBA in the U.K.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!