Viveve Medical's (VIVE) Viveve System Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Viveve Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: VIVE) announced that the Viveve System has received 510(k) regulatory clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In the United States, the Viveve System is now indicated for use in general surgical procedures for electrocoagulation and hemostasis.
"FDA 510(k) clearance for the Viveve System represents a major milestone in our efforts to bring this safe and effective technology to patients in the United States who can benefit from it," said Patricia Scheller, chief executive officer of Viveve. "We are grateful to all of the clinicians and researchers who have supported the development of the Viveve System over the past several years, and to all of the members of the Viveve team who played a vital role in helping us achieve this goal."
"This clearance represents the first step in our U.S. regulatory strategy," Scheller added. "In September 2016, we announced that the company filed an Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) to the FDA, for authorization to begin the VIveve Treatment of the Vaginal Introitus to EValuate Efficacy (VIVEVE II) study."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Offers Update on Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 for Advanced Parkinson's Disease
- DryShips (DRYS) Acquires Its First VLGC With 5 Year Time Charter Attached to Oil Major
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!