Viveve Medical's (VIVE) Viveve System Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance
- Wall St stumbles as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Viveve Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: VIVE) announced that the Viveve System has received 510(k) regulatory clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In the United States, the Viveve System is now indicated for use in general surgical procedures for electrocoagulation and hemostasis.
"FDA 510(k) clearance for the Viveve System represents a major milestone in our efforts to bring this safe and effective technology to patients in the United States who can benefit from it," said Patricia Scheller, chief executive officer of Viveve. "We are grateful to all of the clinicians and researchers who have supported the development of the Viveve System over the past several years, and to all of the members of the Viveve team who played a vital role in helping us achieve this goal."
"This clearance represents the first step in our U.S. regulatory strategy," Scheller added. "In September 2016, we announced that the company filed an Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) to the FDA, for authorization to begin the VIveve Treatment of the Vaginal Introitus to EValuate Efficacy (VIVEVE II) study."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Regeneron (REGN), Sanofi (SNY) Receive FDA Complete Response Letter for Sarilumab BLA as RA Treatment
- Southern Co. (SO) Announces Acquisition of Wake Wind Energy Center
- Sanofi (SNY) Alerts Regeneron (REGN) of FDA Concerns Related to Sarilumab Manufacturing Facility
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!