Viveve Medical (VIVE) Reports Approval for Viveve System in Australia; Announces Distribution Partnership
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Viveve Medical, Inc. ("Viveve") (NASDAQ: VIVE), a medical technology company focused on women's health, today announced that the Company has received regulatory approval for the sale of the Viveve® System from the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in Australia. The Company also announced a new distribution partnership for the Viveve System in Australia and New Zealand with Device Consulting, a distinguished supplier of medical products headquartered in Victoria, Australia.
"Our regulatory approval in Australia and our distribution partnership with Device Consulting represent important milestones in our rapidly expanding efforts to build a global commercial infrastructure for the Viveve System," said Patricia Scheller, chief executive officer of Viveve. "Our research shows that vaginal laxity is a significant risk and concern for women following pregnancy. We believe that the clinically demonstrated safety and efficacy profile of this painless procedure will position the Viveve Treatment as the best alternative for a condition that can profoundly impact a woman's sexual satisfaction and quality of life. We look forward to bringing the advantages of the Viveve System to women in this region who are living with the challenges of vaginal laxity."
Device Consulting specializes in the distribution of innovative technologies to address both established and emerging healthcare needs. Device Consulting will support the regional distribution of the Viveve System to medical practices throughout Australia and New Zealand through its extensive distribution channels.
"The Viveve System is precisely aligned with our mission to bring high-quality and clinically proven technologies to physicians and their patients. Our goal is to more efficiently communicate the advantages of the Viveve procedure to clinicians and all women who may benefit from the treatment," said Milivoj Boltuzic, chief executive officer and general manager of Device Consulting.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Offers Update on Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 for Advanced Parkinson's Disease
- Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Names Robert D. Graham as President and CEO
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Enters Pact With Israeli Specialty Services Provider Best Med
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!