Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Viveve Medical, Inc.'s (NASDAQ: VIVE) wholly-owned subsidiary, Viveve, Inc. ("Viveve"), a medical technology company focused on women's health, today filed a patent infringement lawsuit against ThermiGen, LLC, ThermiAesthetics, LLC, and Dr. Red Alinsod in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. The lawsuit seeks redress for the Defendants' unauthorized use of Viveve's patented technology. The action is intended to protect Viveve's significant investment in reverse-thermal gradient radiofrequency technology and its clinical application to tightening vaginal tissue. Viveve is pursuing all available remedies, including an injunction to prevent the Defendants from selling, training, and promoting its infringing products and treatment methods.
The lawsuit is based on U.S. Patent No. 8,961,511 entitled "Vaginal Remodeling Device and Methods." The patent covers methods for remodeling tissue of the vagina and vulva by applying heat to the target tissue. ThermiGen, LLC, ThermiAesthetics, LLC, and Dr. Red Alinsod are accused of willfully infringing Viveve's patent.
"Viveve has invested heavily in our technology and patents. We intend to monitor activities and vigorously protect our intellectual property estate as needed," said Patricia Scheller, chief executive officer of Viveve.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Announces Notable DVM-250 Recorder, FleetVu Services Order
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!