Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Viveve Medical, Inc.'s (NASDAQ: VIVE) wholly-owned subsidiary, Viveve, Inc. ("Viveve"), a medical technology company focused on women's health, today filed a patent infringement lawsuit against ThermiGen, LLC, ThermiAesthetics, LLC, and Dr. Red Alinsod in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. The lawsuit seeks redress for the Defendants' unauthorized use of Viveve's patented technology. The action is intended to protect Viveve's significant investment in reverse-thermal gradient radiofrequency technology and its clinical application to tightening vaginal tissue. Viveve is pursuing all available remedies, including an injunction to prevent the Defendants from selling, training, and promoting its infringing products and treatment methods.
The lawsuit is based on U.S. Patent No. 8,961,511 entitled "Vaginal Remodeling Device and Methods." The patent covers methods for remodeling tissue of the vagina and vulva by applying heat to the target tissue. ThermiGen, LLC, ThermiAesthetics, LLC, and Dr. Red Alinsod are accused of willfully infringing Viveve's patent.
"Viveve has invested heavily in our technology and patents. We intend to monitor activities and vigorously protect our intellectual property estate as needed," said Patricia Scheller, chief executive officer of Viveve.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Announces David Jaffe as Chairman of the Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!