Vital Therapies (VTL) Offers Corporate Update; Says 14 Subjects Enrolled in VTL-308
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Vital Therapies, Inc. (Nasdaq: VTL), a biotherapeutic company developing ELAD®, a cell-based therapy targeting the treatment of acute forms of liver failure, today provided a corporate update.
VTL-308 Enrollment Update
As of today, 14 subjects have been enrolled at sites in the USA and EU in VTL-308, the Company's phase 3 randomized, controlled, open-label trial, designed to evaluate the ELAD System in subjects with severe acute alcoholic hepatitis (sAAH). There are now 24 sites open for enrollment in VTL-308 in the USA and EU. The Company continues to expect to announce topline results in mid-2018.
Board Member Faheem Hasnain to Chair New Commercialization Committee
The Board has formed a Commercialization Committee to formulate a commercial strategy in anticipation of a positive outcome for its VTL-308 phase 3 clinical trial. The Committee will be chaired by recently appointed Board member Faheem Hasnain, formerly President and CEO of Receptos, Inc. and includes Board members JJ Bienaime, CEO of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc., Cheryl Cohen, formerly Chief Commercial Officer of Medivation, Inc., Phil Croxford, CEO of Gamma Medica Inc., and Doug Godshall, formerly CEO of Heartware Inc. The Company has no insight into the VTL-308 trial results other than enrollment progression, and none is expected before the anticipated mid-2018 topline readout.
Upcoming Scientific Presentations
The Company will be presenting two posters and making related presentations at the 17th International Symposium on Albumin Dialysis in Liver Disease taking place September 16 through September 18 in Rostock-Warnemunde, Germany. The first poster is titled “Hepatic Inflammation and Cellular Therapy.” The second poster is titled “VTL C3A Cell-Secreted Factors Reduce In Vitro Hepatocellular Injury via Multiple Mechanisms.” Both posters and their related presentations will be made available on Vital Therapies’ web site after they are presented.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS) Preclinical data on SY-1425 Presented at ASH
- Celldex (CLDX) Announces Presentation of Encouraging CDX-1140 Data in Hematologic and Solid Malignancies
- Zynerba Pharma (ZYNE) Announces Strong ZYN002 Phase 1 in Epilepsy Patients with Focal Seizues
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!