Vishay Intertechnology (VSH) COO Wunderlich to Retire; Reporting Structure Change Approved
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Vishay Intertechnology’s (NYSE: VSH) President and Chief Executive Officer Dr. Gerald Paul announced that Chief Operating Officer Dieter Wunderlich, 64, has decided to retire from Vishay, effective December 31, 2016.
Upon notification of Mr. Wunderlich's retirement, the Board of Directors approved a reporting structure change designed to continue driving Vishay's business for the long-term. Vishay will not replace the COO role, but will broaden responsibilities for two senior leaders, effective January 1, 2017. Clarence Tse, 58, Executive Vice President and Business Head Semiconductors, will report directly to the CEO. Joel Smejkal, 49, currently Senior Vice President and Deputy to the Business Head Passive Components, will as Executive Vice President and Business Head Passive Components also report directly to the CEO.
"On behalf of Vishay, I salute Dieter for his 42 years of continuous service to the Company, and want to thank him for his countless contributions to our business. We have benefitted greatly from his tireless commitment to operational excellence and proven track record of success," said Dr. Paul.
"By establishing P&L responsible Business Groups, Semiconductors and Passive Components, we intend to further increase our focus on the specific challenges these two businesses face," Dr. Paul continued.
Marc Zandman, Executive Chairman of the Board stated, “The Board is focused to set up Vishay not only for excellent short-term performance but to also ensure long-term success. We believe that this organizational change will allow Vishay to meet future challenges even more promptly.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Genomic Health (GHDX) Reports Results from Multiple Oncotype DX Studies
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!