Virtu Financial (VIRT) to Acquire Telecom Assets from Teza Technologies
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Virtu Financial (Nasdaq: VIRT) announced its agreement to acquire select strategic telecommunications assets from Teza Technologies, a science and technology-driven global trading firm.
“This transaction supplements Virtu’s core infrastructure while furthering Virtu’s mission to provide attractive liquidity and market making services to the global financial markets in a cost effective manner,” said Douglas A. Cifu, Chief Executive Officer of Virtu.
“We are pleased that the telecommunication networks developed by Teza are a strategic fit for Virtu’s business, and we look forward to the further development of other proprietary technologies as we focus on Teza’s investment management business,” said Misha Malyshev, Chief Executive Officer of Teza.
In connection with the transaction, key telecommunications personnel from Teza will join Virtu’s technology and infrastructure team. The closing of the transaction is subject to customary conditions, including regulatory approval.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!