Virtu Financial (VIRT) to Acquire Telecom Assets from Teza Technologies
- Dollar lower, stocks flat as caution creeps in ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Virtu Financial (Nasdaq: VIRT) announced its agreement to acquire select strategic telecommunications assets from Teza Technologies, a science and technology-driven global trading firm.
“This transaction supplements Virtu’s core infrastructure while furthering Virtu’s mission to provide attractive liquidity and market making services to the global financial markets in a cost effective manner,” said Douglas A. Cifu, Chief Executive Officer of Virtu.
“We are pleased that the telecommunication networks developed by Teza are a strategic fit for Virtu’s business, and we look forward to the further development of other proprietary technologies as we focus on Teza’s investment management business,” said Misha Malyshev, Chief Executive Officer of Teza.
In connection with the transaction, key telecommunications personnel from Teza will join Virtu’s technology and infrastructure team. The closing of the transaction is subject to customary conditions, including regulatory approval.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wix.com (WIX) to Acquire flok
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
- Takeda Commences Cash Tender Offer for Shares of ARIAD (ARIA)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!