ViewRay's (VRAY) MRIdian System Approved in China
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ViewRay, Inc. (Nasdaq: VRAY) announced that the company has received China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) approval for its MRIdian System, the world's first and only clinical MRI-guided radiation therapy system.
The MRIdian system is a unique medical instrument that integrates full-time MR imaging, cobalt radiation delivery, and intelligent software automation to treat cancers throughout the body. Using the MRIdian system, clinicians can see soft tissue, and visualize and adjust the dose — all in real time, on live anatomy. With MRIdian this is done without exposing the patient to the additional ionizing radiation that is common with other imaging modalities.
"China is one of the largest markets for medical devices in the world, so securing CFDA approval is an important step in our growth strategy," said Chris A. Raanes, president and chief executive officer of ViewRay. "Given its population and rising cancer incidence, we believe MRI-guided radiation therapy will be an important cancer fighting tool for doctors and their patients throughout China."
ViewRay is represented in China by Cowealth Medical Holding Co.
"We're pleased to partner with ViewRay to bring the benefits of MRIdian to China," said Duane Lee, president and chief executive officer of Cowealth. "We believe MRI-guided radiation therapy is an essential advancement in radiation oncology and look forward to helping expand access to this vital treatment option."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Patterson Cos. (PDCO) Appoints New North America VP and New CIO
- XPO Logistics (XPO) Announces $558M Divestiture of American Truckload Operation to TransForce
- Stonemor Partners (STON) Set to Open Lower Following Distribution Cut
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!