Viavi Solutions' (VIAV) OneExpert CATV Selected for Use by TDC Group in HFC Network Upgrade
- Wall Street propped up by tech, discretionary stocks
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- Oil down 3 percent on fading hopes for output deal in Algiers
- Dollar gains against euro on Deutsche Bank fears, falls vs Mexican peso
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/27: (GI) (KITE) (INFI) Higher; (NAT) (SXL) (RICE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Viavi Solutions (Nasdaq: VIAV) announced that TDC Group, the largest telecommunications and entertainment provider in Denmark, has selected the OneExpert™ CATV signal analysis meter as the core of the field test platform to support a nationwide upgrade of its hybrid-fibre coaxial (HFC) network.
TDC Group is the largest telecommunications and entertainment provider in Denmark. The company has committed to deploying DOCSIS 3.1 to deliver advanced media and communication services. Befitting its history of innovation, TDC Group is upgrading its entire HFC network to support the new downstream extended frequency ranges defined in the DOCSIS 3.1 specification.
Working with its ecosystem, TDC Group has set an aggressive schedule for the network upgrade through 2016 and 2017. To maintain progress and minimize disruption to subscribers, TDC Group has established a "maximum disconnect window" to upgrade the infrastructure and restore service. This plan requires a field test solution not only compliant with DOCSIS 3.1, including the extended frequency ranges, but also fast, user-friendly and reliable enough to keep technicians on a tight schedule. Following a stringent process of investigation of solutions on the market, TDC Group selected Viavi's OneExpert CATV signal analysis meter.
Key features of the Viavi ONX-620 include:
- Embedded DOCSIS 3.1 modem for full 3.1 service testing up to 1 Gbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 with 32x8 bonding capability and software upgradable to DOCSIS 3.1, for customers who are not yet ready to deploy 3.1 technology but would like to prepare for the future and take advantage of the powerful feature set for current installations
- 1.218GHz / 204MHz network alignment
- Multi-touch, user-friendly interface with OneCheck™ automated testing and a simple dashboard clearly indicating pass-fail results and suggested next steps for troubleshooting
- When combined with other Viavi products, OneExpert offers a comprehensive solution to test and provision DOCSIS 3.1, fiber to the home (FTTH) and Wi-Fi
- Compatible with the StrataSync cloud-based management platform, providing asset, configuration, upgrade and test data management for Viavi instruments.
Viavi will be demonstrating this portfolio of solutions at the SCTE / ISBE Cable-Tec Expo '16, Booth 1444, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from September 26 to 29, 2016. More information about Viavi's presence at the event, including panels and presentations, can be found here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ayretrade, Inc. (SUMM) Receives FDA Rare Pediatric Disease for Ezutromid as DMD Treatment
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) to Evaluate Opdivo + NKTR-214 Combo
- ProNAi Therapeutics (DNAI) Obtains PNT737 Development, Commercialization Rights
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!