Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Board of Directors of Viacom Inc. (Nasdaq: VIAB,)(Nasdaq: VIA) formed a Special Committee of Independent Directors (“Special Committee”) to evaluate the request by National Amusements that Viacom explore a potential combination with CBS. National Amusements, directly and through subsidiaries, owns approximately 80% of the Class A (voting) common stock of both Viacom and CBS.
The Special Committee is comprised of independent directors Thomas May and Nicole Seligman, who will act as co-chairs, and Kenneth Lerer, Judith McHale, Ronald Nelson and Charles Phillips. The Special Committee has retained Debevoise & Plimpton LLP as its independent legal advisor, and expects to retain an independent financial advisor.
The Special Committee does not intend to comment further unless and until it determines that additional disclosure is appropriate.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Access National (ANCX) to Acquire Middleburg Financial (MBRG) in ~$233M Deal
- Gilead Sciences (GILD) Announces Results from Studies of Switching HIV-1 Patients to Descovy; Results Statistically non-Inferior
- Community Bank System (CBU) to Acquire Merchants Bancshares (MBVT) in ~$304M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!