Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The Board of Directors of Viacom Inc. (Nasdaq: VIAB,)(Nasdaq: VIA) formed a Special Committee of Independent Directors (“Special Committee”) to evaluate the request by National Amusements that Viacom explore a potential combination with CBS. National Amusements, directly and through subsidiaries, owns approximately 80% of the Class A (voting) common stock of both Viacom and CBS.
The Special Committee is comprised of independent directors Thomas May and Nicole Seligman, who will act as co-chairs, and Kenneth Lerer, Judith McHale, Ronald Nelson and Charles Phillips. The Special Committee has retained Debevoise & Plimpton LLP as its independent legal advisor, and expects to retain an independent financial advisor.
The Special Committee does not intend to comment further unless and until it determines that additional disclosure is appropriate.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- FTC not sold on Walgreens' plan to win nod for Rite Aid deal: Bloomberg
- Rite Aid (RAD) Falls, Halted Amid WBA/RAD Antitrust Concerns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!