Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
The Board of Directors of Viacom Inc. (Nasdaq: VIAB,)(Nasdaq: VIA) formed a Special Committee of Independent Directors (“Special Committee”) to evaluate the request by National Amusements that Viacom explore a potential combination with CBS. National Amusements, directly and through subsidiaries, owns approximately 80% of the Class A (voting) common stock of both Viacom and CBS.
The Special Committee is comprised of independent directors Thomas May and Nicole Seligman, who will act as co-chairs, and Kenneth Lerer, Judith McHale, Ronald Nelson and Charles Phillips. The Special Committee has retained Debevoise & Plimpton LLP as its independent legal advisor, and expects to retain an independent financial advisor.
The Special Committee does not intend to comment further unless and until it determines that additional disclosure is appropriate.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Community Bank System (CBU) to Acquire Merchants Bancshares (MBVT) in ~$304M Deal
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- Tofutti Brands (TOF) Will Begin Trading OTC; Symbol Remains 'TOF'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!