Viacom (VIA) Taps Advisors, Forms Special Committee to Evaluate National Amusements Proposal (CBS)
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Viacom (Nasdaq: VIAB)((Nasdaq: VIA) announced that it has retained financial advisors in connection with the Special Committee’s evaluation of the request by National Amusements that Viacom explore a potential combination with CBS (NYSE: CBS). The financial advisors are Morgan Stanley, Allen & Company and LionTree LLC.
The Special Committee, which is comprised of six independent Viacom board members, previously engaged Debevoise & Plimpton LLP as its independent legal advisor.
The Special Committee does not intend to comment further unless and until it determines that additional disclosure is appropriate.
Sard Verbinnen & Co.
George Sard/Brandy Bergman
Source: Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Viacom Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades The Michaels Companies (MIK) to Overweight Citing Valuation
- ExxonMobil (XOM) to Acquire Assets in Permian Basin for $5.6B in Shares Plus $1B in Contingent Cash Payments
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!