Viacom (VIA) Taps Advisors, Forms Special Committee to Evaluate National Amusements Proposal (CBS)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Viacom (Nasdaq: VIAB)((Nasdaq: VIA) announced that it has retained financial advisors in connection with the Special Committee’s evaluation of the request by National Amusements that Viacom explore a potential combination with CBS (NYSE: CBS). The financial advisors are Morgan Stanley, Allen & Company and LionTree LLC.
The Special Committee, which is comprised of six independent Viacom board members, previously engaged Debevoise & Plimpton LLP as its independent legal advisor.
The Special Committee does not intend to comment further unless and until it determines that additional disclosure is appropriate.
Sard Verbinnen & Co.
George Sard/Brandy Bergman
Source: Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Viacom Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Impinj (PI) Prices 3.5M Share Follow-on Stock Offering for Proceeds of $94.9M
- LSC Communications, Inc. (LKSD) to Acquire Continuum; No Terms
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!