ViaSat (VSAT), Eutelsat Receive Internet Connectivity Service Contract from SAS
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
ViaSat Inc. (Nasdaq: VSAT) and Eutelsat Communications continue to execute on their strategy to deliver high-quality satellite-based Internet connectivity to the commercial airline market in Europe with a new service contract for SAS, Scandinavia’s leading airline.
SAS is equipping its short and medium-haul fleet to offer on-board WiFi speeds of at least 12 Mbps and higher to each passenger to ensure that time spent on board will be more productive and enjoyable with streaming TV, music and films. The first aircraft with the new WiFi-system will enter service in the second half of 2017.
ViaSat will be the prime contractor to the airline, making available its vertically-integrated in-flight Internet system, inclusive of providing Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs); wireless IFE system support; passenger-facing access portals; and an end-to-end service that will leverage connectivity from Eutelsat. The connectivity service uses KA-SAT, Eutelsat’s high-capacity Ka-band broadband satellite whose service area spans Europe and the Mediterranean Basin.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!