ViaSat (VSAT), Eutelsat Receive Internet Connectivity Service Contract from SAS
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ViaSat Inc. (Nasdaq: VSAT) and Eutelsat Communications continue to execute on their strategy to deliver high-quality satellite-based Internet connectivity to the commercial airline market in Europe with a new service contract for SAS, Scandinavia’s leading airline.
SAS is equipping its short and medium-haul fleet to offer on-board WiFi speeds of at least 12 Mbps and higher to each passenger to ensure that time spent on board will be more productive and enjoyable with streaming TV, music and films. The first aircraft with the new WiFi-system will enter service in the second half of 2017.
ViaSat will be the prime contractor to the airline, making available its vertically-integrated in-flight Internet system, inclusive of providing Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs); wireless IFE system support; passenger-facing access portals; and an end-to-end service that will leverage connectivity from Eutelsat. The connectivity service uses KA-SAT, Eutelsat’s high-capacity Ka-band broadband satellite whose service area spans Europe and the Mediterranean Basin.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) Announces FDA Approval, U.S. Launch of Medical Device to Reduce Risk of Recurrent Ischemic Stroke in Patients with PFO
- Corindus Vascular Robotics (CVRS) Reports FDA Clearance for Next-Gen Robotic System
- Sientra (SIEN) Enters Prelim. Settlement of All Outstanding Class Action Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!