ViaSat (VSAT), Eutelsat Receive Internet Connectivity Service Contract from SAS
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
ViaSat Inc. (Nasdaq: VSAT) and Eutelsat Communications continue to execute on their strategy to deliver high-quality satellite-based Internet connectivity to the commercial airline market in Europe with a new service contract for SAS, Scandinavia’s leading airline.
SAS is equipping its short and medium-haul fleet to offer on-board WiFi speeds of at least 12 Mbps and higher to each passenger to ensure that time spent on board will be more productive and enjoyable with streaming TV, music and films. The first aircraft with the new WiFi-system will enter service in the second half of 2017.
ViaSat will be the prime contractor to the airline, making available its vertically-integrated in-flight Internet system, inclusive of providing Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs); wireless IFE system support; passenger-facing access portals; and an end-to-end service that will leverage connectivity from Eutelsat. The connectivity service uses KA-SAT, Eutelsat’s high-capacity Ka-band broadband satellite whose service area spans Europe and the Mediterranean Basin.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
- Allstate (ALL), Mastercard (MA) Team on New Payment System
- Zimmer Biomet (ZBH) Announces Exclusive Global Distribution Agreement with Nextremity Solutions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!