Vertex (VRTX) Offers Data from LT Follow-Up Study Showing Improvements in Lung Function with KALYDECO
- Apple (AAPL), China Mobile (CHL) Sign iPhone Deal - WSJ
- Market Wrap: Hayman Likes GM; Pandora Skirts Competition; Private Sector Jobs Bonanza
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/4: (PBYI) (MFRM) (GGP) Higher; (LGP) (SNPS) (ARO) Lower (more...)
- General Growth Properties (GGP) Set to Join the S&P 500
- Fed Saw 'Modest to Moderate' Growth with Stronger Manufacturing
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Nasdaq: VRTX) announced today new data from a long-term follow-up study that showed that the improvements in lung function (forced expiratory volume in one second, FEV1), respiratory symptoms and weight gain among people who were treated with KALYDECO™ (ivacaftor) for 48 weeks in one of two pivotal studies (STRIVE or ENVISION) were durable for up to 96 total weeks of treatment. The ongoing PERSIST extension study enrolled people with cystic fibrosis (CF) ages 6 and older who have at least one copy of the G551D mutation in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene and who completed treatment in the Phase 3 STRIVE or ENVISION studies (KALYDECO and placebo treatment groups) and met certain other eligibility criteria. A total of nine presentations on KALYDECO are being presented at the 35th European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS) Conference in Dublin, June 6 to 9, 2012.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mylan (MYL) Completes Agila Injectivles Purchase
- Barrick Gold (ABX) Founder, Chairman Munk to Retire
- Roche (RHHBY), Molecular Partners Enter Proprietary Therapeutics Development Collaboration
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!