Versartis (VSAR) Approves to Commence Somavaratan Phase 3 in Japan
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Amunix is pleased to announce that Versartis Inc. (Nasdaq: VSAR) has been granted approval in Japan by the PMDA to initiate enrollment for its Phase 3 study of somavaratan (XTENylated recombinant growth hormone) in pediatric patients with growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
Somavaratan is a long-acting version of growth hormone created using Amunix's XTEN technology under license to Versartis. Somavaratan's twice-monthly dosing schedule in pediatric patients is the least frequent dosing interval in development for long-acting growth hormones.
Versartis disclosed that the Phase 3 stage of the J14VR5 trial is a single-arm, multi-center trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of 3.5 mg/kg twice-monthly somavaratan, the same dose and regimen as the VELOCITY Phase 3 trial. Enrollment in the Phase 3 trial is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2017, with topline data expected in 2018.
"The initiation of Phase 3 trials for somavaratan in Japan is great news and the continued progression of studies of XTENylated growth hormone in this important ex-US geography underscores the commitment on the part of the health authorities there towards such next generation therapies," said Volker Schellenberger, Amunix's Chief Executive Officer. "We are very encouraged by the sustained drive towards commercialization of somavaratan in all key geographies by Versartis."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Tesla, Ferrari, Jaguar-Land Rover among automakers now included in Takata air bag recalls - Reuters
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!