Vermillion's (VRML) ASPiRA LABs Enters Major Agreement with CareFirst BCBS
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ASPiRA LABs, a Vermillion company (Nasdaq: VRML) announced a major contract agreement with CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield for their U.S. FDA cleared ovarian cancer risk assessment test, OVA1. CareFirst serves over three million patients throughout Maryland and Washington, D.C., and Virginia and the area has the greatest population density in the US.
"We are pleased to announce CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield contract agreement for OVA1," said Valerie Palmieri, President and CEO of Vermillion, Inc. "This is our fourth recent announcement of new managed care contracts as we continue to expand our reach in our key strategic market areas."
"The mortality rate of ovarian cancer has not changed in 40 years, even following the introduction of CA125. Given the FDA safety statement on Ovarian Cancer Screening, expanding coverage and increasing access to OVA1 for women with a pelvic mass is vital to ensuring optimal care for patients nationwide. Days and weeks matter with Ovarian Cancer. Treatment for two thirds of women with ovarian cancer does not follow the appropriate carepathway. OVA1 can change this from this onset and give piece of mind for patients with OR without disease."
Links to multiple clinical studies showing OVA1's strong performance over CA125 for earlier and improved detection can be found on our website: http://vermillion.com/providers/ova-1/clinical-validation-studies/.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple files $1 billion lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm
- EXCO Resources (XCO) Announces Receipt of NYSE Continued Listing Standard Notice
- Bioptix (BIOP) to Terminate Some Employees Associated with Acquisition of its Subsidiary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!