Verizon (VZ) and VMware (VMW) Expand Strategic Relationship
- Stocks Tank as QE Nears End, Major Fund Winds Down, and Ebola Fears
- Traders Eye Relational Investors Stocks on Wind Down
- David Tepper Talks Bonds, Stocks, Fannie/Freddie, Bill Gross and More
- Box (BOX) Delays IPO Until 2015 Given Market Conditions - Reports
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/1: (ARDX) (ANGI) (TKMR) Higher; (LOOK) (WPRT) (SPEX) Lower
As organizations use the power of mobility to transform business operations, Verizon Enterprise Solutions (NYSE: VZ) and VMware (NYSE: VMW) today announced an expansion of their strategic relationship to include mobile security and enterprise mobility management solutions. Driven by a shared vision for how enterprises will enable the mobile cloud era, Verizon will now provide its enterprise clients in the U.S. greater choice by offering the comprehensive AirWatch® by VMware Enterprise Mobility Management Platform as part of Verizon's mobile device management portfolio for on premise deployments.
The mobile cloud era represents one of the greatest tectonic shifts for IT in the past decade. VMware and Verizon share the vision that organizations need the right solutions delivered by trusted technology partners to enable the modern workforce to work at the speed of life. These solutions will be designed to allow employees to access all of their personal and corporate applications and information securely across any device, virtually anywhere at any time, while enabling businesses to run more effectively by providing unprecedented device choice and flexibility.
"As enterprises respond to changing employee demographics and expectations, we continue to build out our mobile device management portfolio to offer customers choices that drive business efficiency and employee engagement," said John Harrobin, chief marketing officer, Verizon Enterprise Solutions. "Our relationship with VMware brings advanced enterprise mobility solutions to organizations across a number of sectors."
The Verizon and VMware strategic relationship provides significant advantages for clients, including solutions that offer:
- A complete enterprise mobility management platform combined with end point security and telecom analytics.
- Content collaboration solutions that offer simplicity for users and security for IT professionals.
- Desktop virtualization, image management and Bring Your Own PC solutions.
"Verizon and VMware have a rich history, and we look forward to working even more closely together to bring end-user computing solutions to customers," said Sanjay Poonen, executive vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware. "From desktop to laptop to tablet to phone to the Internet of Things, VMware brings the software solutions that allow end-users' device, apps, content to be securely managed, and served-up as if in an extended pane of glass, or virtual workspace. We look forward to bringing this vision to the market with a strong industry leader like Verizon."
By adding the AirWatch by VMware platform to the Verizon solution portfolio, customers can benefit from industry leading solutions used by more than 12,000 organizations in 150 countries. AirWatch was recently recognized by Gartner as a leader in the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management* for the fourth consecutive year. Gartner also positioned AirWatch by VMware with the highest placement on the ability to execute axis for the second year in a row.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Masimo Corp. (MASI) Wins $466M Verdict in Philips Trial
- Ford Motor (F) U.S. Light Vehicle Sales Fell 2.7% in Sept., Wider than Expected
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) Updates Financial Goals; Plans to Double EPS Over Next Four Years
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!