Verisk Analytics (VRSK) Announces Acquisition of The GeoInformation Group
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ: VRSK) announced the acquisition of The GeoInformation Group, a leader in the field of geographic data solutions based in Cambridge, United Kingdom.
"This acquisition expands Verisk's footprint in the U.K. as a data and analytics provider across multiple markets, including insurance, energy, and real estate," said Scott Stephenson, chairman, president, and chief executive officer of Verisk Analytics. "The GeoInformation Group's resources complement our risk management and predictive analytics capabilities internationally."
The GeoInformation Group offers large-scale mapping services and geospatial data and analytic solutions to a wide array of companies and more than 300 public sector organizations.
"We're thrilled to be part of Verisk-a business clearly committed to providing innovation and value to customers," said Dr. Seppe Cassettari, chief executive officer, The GeoInformation Group. "I'm confident our combined resources, talent, and solutions will enhance our offerings even more."
Geoinformation is now a part of the Verisk family of companies and will continue to operate in its current location.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Innoviva (INVA), GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Receive Approval in Japan for Relvar Ellipta as COPD Treatment
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!