Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Nexus DR Digital X-Ray Imaging System Gains FDA 510(k) Clearance
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) today announced it has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to market the Nexus DR, a high resolution imaging system for X-ray imaging using a digital X-ray detector. The Nexus DR is designed to replace conventional film techniques, or existing digital systems, in multipurpose or dedicated applications. The system is a single common imaging platform intended for general radiographic procedures (excluding fluoroscopy, angiography, and mammography).
"Nexus DR enables an operator to acquire, display, process, transmit, export images to portable media and send images over a network for long term storage," said Carl LaCasce vice president sales & marketing for Varian's Imaging Components group. "The advanced image processing algorithms in the Nexus DR make it possible to bring out diagnostic details that can be difficult to see using conventional imaging techniques."
The major components of the Nexus DR include an image detector, a computer, a high resolution monitor, and Varian's proprietary image processing software. Each system can be set up to process data from multiple detectors.
Nexus DR builds on Varian's current line of digital imaging software and workstation products, designed for installation into new or existing radiographic rooms or for use in mobile X-ray systems. It complies fully with the provisions of the European Medical Device Directive (MDD) and will soon be CE Marked.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- Minerva Neurosciences (NERV) Reports Additional Data Analyses From Phase IIb Trial of MIN-101 in Schizophrenia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!