Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Approves 8M Share Common Stock Buyback Plan
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE: VAR) announced that its board of directors has authorized the company to repurchase an additional 8 million shares of its common stock, commencing on January 1, 2017. Stock repurchases may be made in the open market, in privately negotiated transactions including accelerated share repurchase programs, or in Rule 10b5-1 share repurchase plans, and also may be made from time to time or in one or more larger blocks. The company has 4 million shares remaining in an existing 8 million share repurchase authorization that ends on December 31, 2016.
Share repurchases will be conducted in compliance with applicable legal requirements, including the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) Rule 10b-18, and the timing of the repurchases and the number of shares to be repurchased at any given time will depend on market conditions, SEC regulations, and other factors. Shares will be retired upon repurchase. The repurchase authorization does not obligate the company to acquire any particular amount of common stock and may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time at the company's discretion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Sees Q4 Revenue of $1.04B, Comps Down 4.8%
- Williams (WMB), Williams Partners (WPZ) Reset Payouts as Part of Financial Repositioning
- HomeStreet (HMST) Guides Q4 Sharply Lower, Announces Proposed SEC Settlement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesTwitter, Stock Buyback, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!