Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Approves 8M Share Common Stock Buyback Plan
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump picks ex-rival Carson to head housing department
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE: VAR) announced that its board of directors has authorized the company to repurchase an additional 8 million shares of its common stock, commencing on January 1, 2017. Stock repurchases may be made in the open market, in privately negotiated transactions including accelerated share repurchase programs, or in Rule 10b5-1 share repurchase plans, and also may be made from time to time or in one or more larger blocks. The company has 4 million shares remaining in an existing 8 million share repurchase authorization that ends on December 31, 2016.
Share repurchases will be conducted in compliance with applicable legal requirements, including the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) Rule 10b-18, and the timing of the repurchases and the number of shares to be repurchased at any given time will depend on market conditions, SEC regulations, and other factors. Shares will be retired upon repurchase. The repurchase authorization does not obligate the company to acquire any particular amount of common stock and may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time at the company's discretion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- UPDATE: Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) to Obtain New Credit Facilities; Company in Discussions to Acquire Related Business, Satellite Transponders
- uniQure (QURE) Announces New, Updated Data on AMT-060 in Hemophilia B; Sustained Levels of FIX Activity Noted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesTwitter, Stock Buyback, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!