Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA) Announces USPTO Dismissal of '432 Patent Inter Partes Review
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: VNDA) announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Patent Trials and Appeal Board declined the request by Roxane Laboratories, Inc. (Roxane) to institute an inter partes review of U.S. Patent No. 9,138,432 ("the '432 patent"). The '432 patent was issued by the USPTO in September 2015 and expires in September 2025.
Vanda had previously announced on August 25, 2016 that Judge Gregory M. Sleet of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware ruled that Roxane infringed U.S. Patent Nos. RE39,198 ("the '198 Patent") and 8,586,610 ("the '610 Patent") and accordingly issued an injunction barring Roxane from marketing its product until the expiration of the later expiring '610 patent on November 2, 2027.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!