Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA) Announces USPTO Dismissal of '432 Patent Inter Partes Review
- Global stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no sign of letting up
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: VNDA) announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Patent Trials and Appeal Board declined the request by Roxane Laboratories, Inc. (Roxane) to institute an inter partes review of U.S. Patent No. 9,138,432 ("the '432 patent"). The '432 patent was issued by the USPTO in September 2015 and expires in September 2025.
Vanda had previously announced on August 25, 2016 that Judge Gregory M. Sleet of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware ruled that Roxane infringed U.S. Patent Nos. RE39,198 ("the '198 Patent") and 8,586,610 ("the '610 Patent") and accordingly issued an injunction barring Roxane from marketing its product until the expiration of the later expiring '610 patent on November 2, 2027.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA), Taro Pharma Enter Settlement over Generic Fanapt ANDA
- CACI International (CACI) Awarded Prime Position on $978M IDIQ for NGA
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Commences Jet Engine Lubricant Production at Port Allen Plant
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!