Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA) Announces USPTO Dismissal of '432 Patent Inter Partes Review
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: VNDA) announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Patent Trials and Appeal Board declined the request by Roxane Laboratories, Inc. (Roxane) to institute an inter partes review of U.S. Patent No. 9,138,432 ("the '432 patent"). The '432 patent was issued by the USPTO in September 2015 and expires in September 2025.
Vanda had previously announced on August 25, 2016 that Judge Gregory M. Sleet of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware ruled that Roxane infringed U.S. Patent Nos. RE39,198 ("the '198 Patent") and 8,586,610 ("the '610 Patent") and accordingly issued an injunction barring Roxane from marketing its product until the expiration of the later expiring '610 patent on November 2, 2027.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Stone Energy (SGY) Plans to File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!