Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA) Announces USPTO Dismissal of '432 Patent Inter Partes Review
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: VNDA) announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Patent Trials and Appeal Board declined the request by Roxane Laboratories, Inc. (Roxane) to institute an inter partes review of U.S. Patent No. 9,138,432 ("the '432 patent"). The '432 patent was issued by the USPTO in September 2015 and expires in September 2025.
Vanda had previously announced on August 25, 2016 that Judge Gregory M. Sleet of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware ruled that Roxane infringed U.S. Patent Nos. RE39,198 ("the '198 Patent") and 8,586,610 ("the '610 Patent") and accordingly issued an injunction barring Roxane from marketing its product until the expiration of the later expiring '610 patent on November 2, 2027.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sallie Mae (SLM) Issues Statement on CFPB Complaint
- General Motors (GM) confirms $1M SEC Ignition Switch Settlement
- General Motors (GM) Pays $1M to Settle SEC Accounting Control Failure Charges
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!