Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA) Affirms Receipt of Favorable Court Decision in Fanapt Patent Suit
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: VNDA) announced that Judge Gregory M. Sleet of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware ruled that Roxane Laboratories Inc. (Roxane) infringed U.S. Patent Nos. RE39,198 (the '198 Patent) and 8,586,610 (the '610 Patent) by submitting to the FDA an ANDA seeking permission to market a generic version of Fanapt® before the expiration of Vanda's patents.
"We are very pleased that the court found both patents valid, found that Roxane's ANDA infringes the '198 patent and the '610 patent, and accordingly issued an injunction barring Roxane from marketing its product until the expiration of the later expiring '610 patent on November 2, 2027," said Mihael H. Polymeropoulos, M.D., Vanda's President and CEO.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Flowers Foods (FLO) Refutes Analyst Commentary on Legal Standing
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!