Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA) Affirms Receipt of Favorable Court Decision in Fanapt Patent Suit
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: VNDA) announced that Judge Gregory M. Sleet of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware ruled that Roxane Laboratories Inc. (Roxane) infringed U.S. Patent Nos. RE39,198 (the '198 Patent) and 8,586,610 (the '610 Patent) by submitting to the FDA an ANDA seeking permission to market a generic version of Fanapt® before the expiration of Vanda's patents.
"We are very pleased that the court found both patents valid, found that Roxane's ANDA infringes the '198 patent and the '610 patent, and accordingly issued an injunction barring Roxane from marketing its product until the expiration of the later expiring '610 patent on November 2, 2027," said Mihael H. Polymeropoulos, M.D., Vanda's President and CEO.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- FMC Technologies (FTI) Enters Settlement with U.S. SEC Over Allegations of Overstated Profits; Will Pay Penalty
- Flowers Foods (FLO) Refutes Analyst Commentary on Legal Standing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!