Valspar Corp. (VAL), Sherwin-Williams (SHW) Comment on Market Chatter; Will Continue to Cooperate with FTC, Affirms Closure Timing
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE: SHW) and The Valspar Corporation (NYSE: VAL) issued the following statement in response to unfounded market rumors concerning regulatory approvals for the definitive agreement between Sherwin-Williams and Valspar, which was announced on March 20, 2016:
Sherwin-Williams and Valspar continue to cooperate fully with the FTC staff and continue to expect the transaction will close by the end of Q1 calendar year 2017. Given the complementary nature of the businesses and the benefits this transaction will provide to customers, Sherwin-Williams and Valspar continue to believe that no or minimal divestitures should be required to complete the transaction.
The transaction, which has been approved by Valspar shareholders, is subject to customary closing conditions, including the expiration or termination of the applicable waiting period under the U.S. Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act and regulatory approvals in various other jurisdictions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gulfport Energy (GPOR) Announces $87M Acquisition of Monroe County Acreage
- Liberty Mutual to Acquire Ironshore from Fosun for ~$3 Billion
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!