Valeant Pharma (VRX) to Make Wilson Disease Charitable Contribution
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX) announced its commitment to improving the lives of Wilson disease patients around the world.
Valeant has agreed to provide $100,000 to fund enhanced patient awareness and research into this debilitating disease. This charitable contribution will be used to further the ongoing mission of the Wilson Disease Association (WDA) to facilitate and promote the identification, education, treatment and support of patients and other individuals affected by the disease. In addition to this contribution, Valeant has committed to augmenting its patient services hub for Wilson disease to improve both the patient and prescriber experience under the Valeant Coverage Plus Program. Valeant also plans to collaborate with the WDA to develop an educational app for iPhone and iPad to serve as a resource platform for patients.
"We are very pleased to support the Wilson Disease Association, an important organization that is dedicated to a critical therapeutic area," said Joseph C. Papa, chairman and chief executive officer of Valeant. "This collaboration underscores our focus on improving the lives of patients around the world, especially those affected by Wilson disease."
"We greatly appreciate the contributions that Valeant is making to Wilson disease patients," said Mary L. Graper, president of the Wilson Disease Association. "Enhancing awareness and promoting education around this disease is critical, and we believe that Valeant's efforts will allow us to do more to ensure the well-being of patients and their families."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wireless Telecom (WTT) Names Michael Kandell as CFO
- Vera Bradley (VRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Offers Light Q4 Outlook; Enters New Licensing Agreements
- NV5 Global (NVEE) Announces Acquisition of CivilSource
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!