Valeant Pharma (VRX) Relaunches Generic Ofloxacin Otic Solution for Bacterial Ear Infections
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX) announced the relaunch of its generic ofloxacin otic solution to treat bacterial ear infections. The product was temporarily discontinued in April 2015 due to an issue concerning the active pharmaceutical ingredient supplier, which has been resolved.
Ofloxacin otic is a quinolone antibiotic solution used to treat outer ear infections in adults and children, chronic middle ear infections in adults and children with perforated eardrums, and acute middle ear infections in children with ear tubes. The product targets bacteria that cause the infection.
"We are pleased to relaunch this important product that improves the lives of a large population of children and adults who suffer from ear infections," said Joseph C. Papa, chairman and chief executive officer of Valeant. "Given the limited number of alternative products on the market, our team invested significant time and resources working with our active pharmaceutical ingredient supplier and the FDA to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. This relaunch demonstrates the strength of our generic portfolio, as well as our dedication to delivering effective and affordable treatments to patients."
The ofloxacin otic solution began shipping to customers on August 1, 2016 and will be available at most major retailers across the U.S.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viacom (VIAB) Appoints New Content Distribution EVP
- Alnylam Pharma (ALNY) Announces Presentation of Updated Results from Phase 1/2 Study of ALN-CC5
- TherapeuticsMD (TXMD) Announces Positive Data from TX-001HR Phase 3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!