Valeant Pharma (VRX) Commences Expansion of Sales Team for Xifaxan, Relistor
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX) announced that it has initiated a significant sales force expansion to focus on potential primary care physician (PCP) prescribers of Xifaxan for irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea (IBS-D) and Relistor for opioid induced constipation (OIC.) With the launch of the expanded sales force effort over the coming weeks, the company expects to reach a significant majority of likely Xifaxan and Oral Relistor primary care prescribers. The costs of this program were considered in previously announced guidance for the full year 2016.
"Our goal in building a primary care sales force is to maximize opportunities for Xifaxan and Relistor to help our products reach full potential. Xifaxan and Relistor are integral to our gastrointestinal franchise which remains a core asset for future growth potential in the hands of Valeant," said Joseph C. Papa, chairman and chief executive officer. "With approximately 70% of IBS-D patients initially presenting with symptoms to a primary care physician, our dedicated PCP sales force will be better able to reach the patients in need of IBS-D treatment and in doing so will further advance our mission to improve people's lives with our healthcare products."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Straight Path Communications (STRP) Releases Statement in Response to Kerrisdale Capital's Report
- UPDATE: Viacom's (VIAB) Paramount, Shanghai Film, Huahua Sign Agreement to Co-Finance Slate of Films - Deadline.com
- PPG Industries (PPG) Names Vincent Morales to CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!