Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Lender Consent for Credit Facility Amendment
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX) announced that it has obtained the requisite lender approval for an amendment to its credit facility. The Company expects to close the amendment next week, subject to customary closing conditions. The amendment will:
- reduce the interest coverage maintenance covenant to 2.0x, providing additional headroom
- provide additional flexibility to sell assets
- permit the issuance of secured notes with shorter maturities to repay term loans
- permit the incurrence of other debt to repay term loans
The Company has also agreed to increase each of the applicable interest rate margins on its credit facility by 0.50% and to pay an amendment fee equal to 0.25% of the aggregate principal amount of each consenting lender's outstanding loans and commitments under the credit facility.
"We are pleased to have the support of our lenders and appreciate their confidence in the Company's future," said Joseph C. Papa, chairman and chief executive officer of Valeant. "The amendment provides us with additional flexibility and allows us to focus on executing our strategic plan, developing our pipeline and improving patients' lives."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Banc of California (BANC) Trades Lower After Announce SEC Probe, CEO Resignation
- Endo Int'l (ENDP) Agrees to Abandon Noncompetitive Pay-for-Delay in Settlement with FTC
- GlobalStar (GSAT) Announces Departure of COO David Kagan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!