VWR (VWR) Announces Acquisition of BioArra and Reliable Biopharmaceutical
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
VWR (Nasdaq: VWR) announced the acquisition of two companies, Reliable Biopharmaceutical and BioArra.
Reliable Biopharmaceutical, a manufacturer of high quality active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and high purity ingredients (HPIs) such as cGMP excipients and advanced intermediates for the biopharmaceutical industry, enhances VWR's growing custom chemical and biochemical manufacturing portfolio. Reliable Biopharmaceutical offers highly-flexible, scalable and solution oriented production ranging from small batch clinical manufacturing to full scale commercial production. Based in St. Louis, Missouri and founded in 1968, Reliable Biopharmaceutical is a key supplier for many pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, diagnostic and cosmetic companies.
BioArra, a leading producer of U.S. origin serum-based products for use in research and production, strengthens our support to cellular science customers. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Eagleville, Pennsylvania, BioArra produces semi-processed serum from various USDA approved supplier locations.
"BioArra and Reliable Biopharmaceutical greatly complement our previous acquisitions," said Manuel Brocke-Benz, President and CEO of VWR. "Aligned with our overall mergers and acquisitions strategy, these acquisitions continue to broaden our capabilities to provide value-added services and high quality products to our customers."
Financial details of this acquisition remain confidential.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
- Great Plains Energy (GXP) Announces Leadership of Post-Westar Energy Merger Company
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!