VIVUS (VVUS), Metuchen Enter Stendra Licensing Agreement
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
VIVUS, Inc. (Nasdaq: VVUS) announced an agreement providing Metuchen a fully-paid, perpetual license for exclusive rights to commercialize STENDRA® (avanafil) in the U.S., Canada, South America and India. The parties simultaneously signed a commercial supply agreement pursuant to which VIVUS will be responsible for the manufacture and supply of STENDRA to Metuchen for a mutually agreed term. For a period of 180 days, Metuchen has the option to assume the manufacturing and supply rights of STENDRA for its territories. Under the license agreement, VIVUS received $70 million. Additionally, Metuchen will be responsible for royalties due to Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation based on net sales.
STENDRA is an oral phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor. STENDRA was approved by the FDA in April 2012 for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in the United States and sold under the trade name SPEDRA in the European Union. VIVUS retains rights to receive royalties and milestones from the exclusive licenses to commercialize and promote SPEDRA with the Menarini Group in over 40 European countries plus Australia and New Zealand and with Sanofi in Africa, the Middle East, Turkey, and the Commonwealth of Independent States including Russia. Commercial rights remain available for Mexico and Central America.
"We are excited to announce our license agreement with Metuchen, who has commercial experience to take advantage of STENDRA's clinical profile within the erectile dysfunction market. This agreement is the first announcement to arise out of the strategic business review process announced earlier this year," stated Seth H. Z. Fischer, VIVUS CEO. "We are pleased to monetize our assets to maximize stockholder value and we look forward to providing additional updates on the on-going process."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GATX Corp. (GATX) Adds Ryan Specialty Group's Aigotti as Director
- Qualcomm (QCOM), Lumen Australia Enter Wireless EV Charging Licensing Agreement
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) Announces FDA Approval, U.S. Launch of Medical Device to Reduce Risk of Recurrent Ischemic Stroke in Patients with PFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!