Universal Corp. (UVV) Reports Dismissal of Lawsuit Involving CIFI and Universal Leaf North America Subsidiaries
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Universal Corporation (NYSE: UVV), (Universal), announced today the September 29, 2016 dismissal of a lawsuit filed in March 2016 by Mr. William Frank Lee and his company, Central Marketing, Inc., against Universal and its subsidiary, Carolina Innovative Food Ingredients, Inc. ("CIFI"), concerning the creation and establishment of the sweet potato processing business. Universal Leaf North America U.S., Inc. was also named in the suit.
Mr. Lee has issued the following statement for public release:
"Last spring I filed a lawsuit against Universal Corp., Universal Leaf North America, U.S., Inc., Carolina Innovative Food Ingredients and others involving a dispute about the creation of a business in eastern North Carolina to process sweet potatoes into food products. Since that time information has come to my attention that has caused me to conclude that I should dismiss the lawsuit, and my attorney has now done so. I would also like to withdraw the allegations that were made against my longtime friend and business colleague Clay Frazier, President of Universal Leaf North America."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH) Announces External Review Following Arrest of Former Employee
- Boeing (BA), UPS (UPS) Enter Purchase Agreement for 14 747-8 Freighters
- Felcor Lodging Trust (FCH) Receives Letter from Snow Park Capital; Calls for Evaluation of Strategic Alternatives
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!