Universal Corp. (UVV) Reports Dismissal of Lawsuit Involving CIFI and Universal Leaf North America Subsidiaries
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Universal Corporation (NYSE: UVV), (Universal), announced today the September 29, 2016 dismissal of a lawsuit filed in March 2016 by Mr. William Frank Lee and his company, Central Marketing, Inc., against Universal and its subsidiary, Carolina Innovative Food Ingredients, Inc. ("CIFI"), concerning the creation and establishment of the sweet potato processing business. Universal Leaf North America U.S., Inc. was also named in the suit.
Mr. Lee has issued the following statement for public release:
"Last spring I filed a lawsuit against Universal Corp., Universal Leaf North America, U.S., Inc., Carolina Innovative Food Ingredients and others involving a dispute about the creation of a business in eastern North Carolina to process sweet potatoes into food products. Since that time information has come to my attention that has caused me to conclude that I should dismiss the lawsuit, and my attorney has now done so. I would also like to withdraw the allegations that were made against my longtime friend and business colleague Clay Frazier, President of Universal Leaf North America."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Updates on Recent Additions to M300 Smart Glasses VIP Program
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!