United Technologies (UTX) Issues Statement on Keeping 1,000 Jobs in Indiana Following Trump-Pence Talks
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UTX's (NYSE: UTX) Carrier today released the following statement:
Carrier has had very productive conversations in recent days with President-elect Trump and Vice President-elect Pence.
We have negotiated an agreement with the incoming administration that we believe benefits our workers, the state of Indiana and our company.
We are announcing today that Carrier will continue to manufacture gas furnaces in Indianapolis, in addition to retaining engineering and headquarters staff, preserving more than 1,000 jobs.
Carrier will also designate its Indianapolis manufacturing facility as a Center of Excellence for gas furnace production, with a commitment to making significant investments to continue to maintain a world-class furnace factory.
Today's announcement is possible because the incoming Trump-Pence administration has emphasized to us its commitment to support the business community and create an improved, more competitive U.S. business climate. The incentives offered by the state were an important consideration.
This agreement in no way diminishes our belief in the benefits of free trade and that the forces of globalization will continue to require solutions for the long-term competitiveness of the U.S. and of American workers moving forward.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Technologies (UTX) replaced head of Pratt F135 engine program, two other exec after audit discovered ethics issues - Reuters
- Paychex (PAYX) Names Thomas Bonadio to Board of Directors
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Politics
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!