United Airlines (UAL) Taps American Air's (AAL) Kirby as Company President
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL) announced that Scott Kirby has been named president of United Airlines. In this newly created role, Kirby will assume responsibility for United's operations, marketing, sales, alliances, network planning and revenue management. Kirby's appointment is effective immediately and he will report to Oscar Munoz, United's CEO. Kirby joins United from American Airlines (Nasdaq: AAL), where he held the title of president since the merger of American and US Airways in 2013.
"Scott is a proven leader, whose deep airline experience and expertise will further accelerate our efforts to build the best airline in the industry," said Munoz. "Scott's appointment, along with other recent leadership announcements, is the culmination of the formation of my senior leadership team. This is just the latest step in our mission to be an agile and innovative industry leader."
Kirby is a well-known industry veteran, with a broad and accomplished three-decade airline career with senior leadership roles at America West and US Airways, where he was named president in 2006. Kirby started his career at the Pentagon and in the technology sector and earned bachelor degrees in computer science and operations research from the U.S. Air Force Academy and a Master of Science in operations research from George Washington University.
"I am honored to be joining United at this important and exciting time and to have the opportunity to help accelerate the momentum the airline has achieved over the past year," said Kirby. "I see real opportunity to build on the airline's vast global network and, along with my 86,000 United teammates, create the world's best airline for employees, customers, and shareholders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- Proofpoint (PFPT) Enters Agreement to Acquire Cloud Security Provider FireLayers
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces XGEVA vs. Zoledronic Acid Study Met Primary Endpoint; Secondary Endpoints Missed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!